Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Just a Georgia Gal

My Georgia Home

This house, is the place I called home for ten years. I was barely four when we moved in, and we left just before I turned fourteen. It was here I lost my first tooth, and my first gold fish. It was here I dreamed of becoming Clara from the nutcracker. Here I fell asleep listening to the grand piano being played in the parlor in that room behind the tree. I played indians in that back yard. I played orphans, Harry Potter, and mermaids in the front. I said goodbye to Heather as she flew to Utah to go to our dream school. That dream of becoming a BYU cougar started here. It is amazing to think that that dream has come true. That I am a BYU student now. That I fulfilled that dream. Although I now live on the other side of the country, with a whole new life, Georgia will always be home. I am grateful for the opportunity I had to live there. I have learned to love California and all that it offers, it too has become home. I found out, that home is what you make it, and I fully intend on making my BYU dorm a home where I can accomplish my dreams.

That's how i see it,
Laurel E

No comments:

Post a Comment